Monday, November 17, 2008

Royal Winter Fair '08 Drawings!


One page of sketches and another of colour studies for a life drawing assignment. I love going to the Royal Winter Fair. Maybe it's my hick-town roots, but the animals, the displays, the smells (yeah, even the barnyard one) and the farmers in general all remind me of home. It's pretty awesome to see people so passionate about their animals, from painting horse toenails all the way to cow groomers. Overall this year was pretty fun, I have never drawn people at the food court before so that was an interesting cross section of country mouse/city mouse. I also brought along the new pastels which has become the new big thing in life drawing this year. I'm really starting to like them now, there's a certain depth they bring to drawings that really helps show the form of the figure. About the drawings, the sketch of the lady on the first page(with the mushroom shaped hair) is a personal favourite of the day. I'm sure she was on to me while I was drawing it too. So funny.

1 comment:

Randeep Katari said...

I especially love those two sketches of the horseback rider on the first page, really great gestures. Love to see more stuff like that. Great cows too! Nice work!
R.